Full time, Wednesday- Sunday, 11am-7:30pm.
• Provides services in accordance with the child’s weekly schedule of therapeutic, skill-development, and adjunctive activities set forth in the Child’s treatment plan and operationalized by the treatment team and responsible clinician.
• Assists in the development and refinement implementation of individualized treatment and service plans.
• Documents in an accurate and timely fashion all services that are reimbursable through MHSA funding.
• Proactively ensuring that any type of intervention utilized is in accordance with the agency’s policies and treatment philosophy that seeks to create a supportive, nurturing, and appropriately challenging interpersonal environment.
• Works directly with children, engaging in such activities as coaching, modeling, limit-setting, and reinforcing constructive interactions.
• Performs appropriate routines and presents and oversees the clients’ performance of a wide variety of developmentally appropriate tasks and activities of daily living.
• Operates vehicles to transport children for activities, complies with all safety standards, laws, and agency policies when operating a vehicle.
• Maintains frequent, regular contact with clients’ therapists, House Managers as well as others who are providing individual services to the client.
• Assumes other tasks as assigned by the STRTP Director.
• Responds to crisis situations as outlined in the Agency’s Emergency Intervention Protocol.
• BA/BS in a behavioral science field and four years of experience in a mental health treatment setting or in a school setting working with SED children or adolescents or the educational equivalent of an AA degree and at least six years of work experience in a mental health treatment setting or in a school setting working with SED children or adolescents.
• Maintain a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance. Must have held a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 5 years.
• Obtain, within 30 days of employment, Pro-ACT, Red Cross CPR and First Aid Certification and maintain such certification current through the term of employment with SGCC.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain Live Scan clearance, pre-employment physical, TB test and drug test.
Pay Scale: $20-$22 an hour
San Gabriel Children’s Center reserves the right to close the application period, without notice, when a significant number of applications/resumes have been received or the position becomes filled.
San Gabriel Children’s Center has embarked upon implementing and embedding Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles throughout the organization. Candidates should be aware that all employees are involved in the implementation and the practice of Trauma Informed Care within the organization.