The Data Specialist is responsible for the accurate processing and data entry of required documentation pertaining to the Agency’s claiming of services with contracted agencies. Also, responsible for the verification of Medi-Cal eligibility of all clients and any follow-up as required.
- Responsible for the data entry into Exym ATS and the DMH IBHIS Systems, including; new client searches in the DMH IBHIS System, verifying Medi-cal Eligibility. Opening new cases, updating the SFPR, Payor Financial Information, Change of Diagnosis, Client Birth Data, Periodic Data and the discharging of cases.
- Confirm Medi-Cal eligibility at the beginning of every month for all active clients has been completed in a timely manner and follow-up as necessary to include weekly reports to programs as required.
- Conducts follow up on outstanding eligibility issues and reports any inconsistencies to the Billing Coordinator.
- Process and maintain Payor Financial Information documents, to include annual updates for each client.
- Process and maintain Single Fixed Point of Responsibility (SFPR) requests and transfers internally and externally.
- Process clients discharges and review monthly to ensure timely closure of cases.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to ensure all staff licenses are received and update in Exym ATS and the DMH Systems.
- Remains knowledgeable with LADMH policies and practices with regards to billing and IBHIS.
- Interfaces with LADMH in a professional and competent manner in regards to billing and IBHIS issues by attending pertinent DMH and RMD trainings.
San Gabriel Children’s Center reserves the right to close the application period, without notice, when a significant number of applications/resumes have been received or the position becomes filled.
San Gabriel Children’s Center has embarked upon implementing and embedding Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles throughout the organization. Candidates should be aware that all employees are involved in the implementation and the practice of Trauma Informed Care within the organization.