This Residential Counselor will provide primary daily care and supervision of STRTP (Short Term Residential Therapeutic Program) clients between the age of 12 and 18 in a STRTP setting. Morning and Evening Full-time (4 Day Work Week) and On-call shifts available.
- Maintains delivery of multidisciplinary treatment plan for assigned residents.
- Contacts appropriate individuals during crisis.
- Assures childcare interventions are always appropriate to resident goals.
- Assures that daily documentation consistently reflects a resident assessment, the care provided, the resident’s response to and the outcomes of care provided.
- Maintains professional boundaries with residents, co-workers and supervisors.
- Charting reflects resident’s progress toward meeting treatment plan, progress in meeting goals and effectiveness of intervention.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of medications, psychiatric and medical.
- Perform resident care assignments and assists clinical department with appropriate treatment service delivery.
- Assists staff in the successful implementation of treatment plans for residents.
- Assists in medical and behavioral situations that necessitate intervention and takes appropriate steps to ensure resident safety and comfort and in all crisis situations.
- Reports abnormal or unusual circumstances, changes in resident’s condition and acts appropriately in a timely manner to the Residential Manager.
- Attends all training. Obtains 40 hours during the first year of employment and 40 hours every year thereafter.
- High School graduate required and have previously been employed as a staff or volunteer at a group home or short-term residential therapeutic center for at least one year or have a Bachelor of Art or Sciences Degree. Other education/experience may qualify.
- Obtain, within 30 days of employment, Pro-ACT, Red Cross CPR and First Aid Certification and maintain such certification current through the term of employment with SGCC.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance if transporting clients/families. Must have held a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 5 years.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Live Scan clearance, pre-employment physical, TB test and drug test.
- Must be available weekends and holidays.
- NOC shift requires one year experience.
San Gabriel Children’s Center reserves the right to close the application period, without notice, when a significant number of applications/resumes have been received or the position becomes filled.
San Gabriel Children’s Center has embarked upon implementing and embedding Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles throughout the organization. Candidates should be aware that all employees are involved in the implementation and the practice of Trauma Informed Care within the organization.