This position is responsible for providing medication support services and specialty mental health services under the Rehabilitation Options and Targeted Case Management Services to children, adolescents, transition age youth and adults under the supervision of the agency Psychiatrists.
- Provides mental health medication support services and specialty mental health services within the scope of practice.
- Assists Psychiatrists during psychiatric consultations/treatment and responds to all requests, as appropriate.
- Responsible in scheduling all psychiatry clients.
- Authorizes prescription refill requests as directed by the agency Psychiatrist.
- Educates clients on the potential benefits, risks and side effects of the prescribed medications.
- Works with clients to develop their awareness and understanding of their psychiatric symptoms and diagnoses.
- Facilitates medication education groups for clients, families and staff (e.g. medications, drug interactions) on an as needed basis.
- A valid Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) issued by the State of California.
- Experience in mental health and substance abuse.
- Knowledge of medical records maintenance.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance if transporting clients/families.
- Obtain, within 30 days of employment Pro-ACT, Red Cross CPR and First Aid Certification and maintain such certification current through the term of employment with SGCC.
- Bilingual skills in Spanish/English preferred.
San Gabriel Children’s Center reserves the right to close the application period, without notice, when a significant number of applications/resumes have been received or the position becomes filled.
San Gabriel Children’s Center has embarked upon implementing and embedding Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles throughout the organization. Candidates should be aware that all employees are involved in the implementation and the practice of Trauma Informed Care within the organization.