This Lead Residential Counselor will provide support and assistance to the House Manager in the daily operations of the STRTP facilities. Additionally, this position will provide daily care of STRTP boys between the age of 12 and 18 in a STRTP setting.
- Keeps the House Manager informed of events, activities, and concerns when Residential Manager is not present.
- Helps coordinate appointments such as medical and court appearances for the clients.
- Assists House Manager to ensure Title 22 regulations and audit standards are being maintained at all times.
- Supports House Manager to ensure program standards are being upheld.
- Coordinates weekend outings with House Manager’s approval.
- Coordinates Home pass transportation with House Manager’s approval.
- Attends IEP’s and Court appearances in place of the House Manager/Site Administrator as needed.
- Assists Mental Health staff in supporting group activities and providing behavioral management of clients as needed.
- In the absences of the Residential Manager, the Lead Residential Counselor will be the point person at the STRTP facility to lead and guide staff and clients.
- High School graduate required and have previously been employed as a staff or volunteer at a group home or short-term residential therapeutic center for at least one year or have a Bachelor of Art or Sciences Degree. Other education/experience may qualify.
- Obtain, within 30 days of employment, Pro-ACT, Red Cross CPR and First Aid Certification and maintain such certification current through the term of employment with SGCC.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance if transporting clients/families. Must have held a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 5 years.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Live Scan clearance, pre-employment physical, TB test and drug test.
- Must be available weekends and holidays.
Pay Scale: $21-22 an hour depending on education and experience.
San Gabriel Children’s Center reserves the right to close the application period, without notice, when a significant number of applications/resumes have been received or the position becomes filled.
San Gabriel Children’s Center has embarked upon implementing and embedding Trauma Informed Care (TIC) principles throughout the organization. Candidates should be aware that all employees are involved in the implementation and the practice of Trauma Informed Care within the organization.